DOVE Missions is a non-profit organization stationed in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic working with children and their families from the poor areas of Playa Oeste, Aguas Negras, and Barrio Nuevo. Please follow this blog to read about how DOVE serves those in need and how you, too, can lend a helping hand.



Click HERE to go to the website: http://www.dovemissions.org

Friday, October 9, 2009

Prayer For Tonight

The following was written by Cathy Flynn, Dove's Vocational and Recreation Center Program Director.

Hey dad,

I know you were with me today…

You remember when I asked you the other day to send some baseball strength, my way from up above, for the kids from our Center. Well today I passed by the local baseball diamond to inquire, and boy did I think of you. There were a few gentlemen sitting around in a circle chatting about ball just like you used to, I had to interrupt their stories to inquire about some coaching.

I told them how important I know the game of baseball is for kids, and how I hoped some of them could help me arrange some coaching, and a game or two for our boys. I mentioned you and your love for baseball; and told them the story of how your boys won the 1967 Pee Wee Tournament at the Canadian National Exhibition. They would never really understand the story of that championship I heard, with pleasure, over and over again throughout my childhood. The joy it brought you, or how proud we were of you.

What they surely did understand was my explanation of your love of baseball, and how important you always knew it was for kids to ‘play ball’!

As a result they agreed to start a baseball camp with our kids this coming week, and I have you to thank for that……yep you were definitely with me today……thanks dad!

Cathy

No comments: