DOVE Missions is a non-profit organization stationed in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic working with children and their families from the poor areas of Playa Oeste, Aguas Negras, and Barrio Nuevo. Please follow this blog to read about how DOVE serves those in need and how you, too, can lend a helping hand.



Click HERE to go to the website: http://www.dovemissions.org

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A New Appreciation

The following testimony was written by Michael Varga about the 2 days that he spent volunteering with Dove Missions. He sponsors Yeffri's family.

In November 2009, I went on two service trips. The first trip involved the setup of a party for the kids and parents of the Boys and Girls Club along with some home visits. The second trip involved the sorting of various donations that the Boys and Girls Club had received. I also met the child that I am sponsoring, Yeffri, during the trips. At first, I felt extremely sad to see the conditions that they and their families live in. But as the day went on and as I started to interact with kids, my sadness was slowly replaced with an overwhelming sense of happiness as I saw how appreciative the kids were with everything we were doing. The service trips were truly a life altering event for me. I now have a whole new appreciation for every day life and for everything that I take for granted that those families just do not have.

No comments: